Mar 20, 2008

Project "S"

I'm amped, cuz I've finally worked this character out. I still have to solidify the rules for turning him around, but I'm pretty certain this'll be his final look. Very few of you have read through the story for this, but yeah, its not dead.

Doing these downward shots is usually pretty tough for me. I'm pretty sure theres a simple formula or something involving perspective and all its vanishing-pointed goodness, but I have yet to apply.

So why do I keep drawing him with this facial expression? Well, this is the part of the story where he sees "Her" for the first time as she is. He runs into the building and whips his head upward to see her standing on the cieling with her arms crossed like a bat, staring down at him. The light from a stained glass window washes about him, and he realizes they're about to do fisticuffs bigtime.

Yeah, and that element of the image is purposely left out. Maybe I'll add it when I color him.

1 comment:

Amber said...

What story is this?