Apr 4, 2008

Anonymous (is actually his name...)




So I was listening to "A Day in the Life of a Gambler" by JigginJonT (before I started listening to "little birdie" by Joe Williams) and man..... He does some amazing stuff on the piano. Like, wow. Head over to OCR right now. He definitely captured the whole 'Charlie Brown' feel that I find so hard to do when i'm not able to do my songs organically like other musicians can.... Its like how in animation, you can lose some stuff when you go strictly pose to pose.


Anyway, I went to an awesome event today where, as the event's name suggested, I was inspired. Inspired to keep pushin. Inspired to make some art. Inspired to keep doin' what I love. Anyway, 3d character animation, yeah that's my focus, but that doesn't mean I abandoned everything else. I'm eternally gonna be a story guy, a characters guy, and a motion guy (as well as a music guy, but vis arts is mah baby.). I'd say as far as visual arts go, that's my big 3. So yeah, i'm really juiced to keep training.


I'm not gonna speak for all artists, but maybe a lot of you can empathize. I can be super super ultra mega critical of my own stuff. I got this stellar goal i'm aimin' for as far as the quality of my own work goes, and so anything short of that and i'm drop-kicking my clone. But yeah, it really helps to put things in perspective. Just 'cuz I haven't hit "that mark" yet (ephasis on the yet, cuz i'mma hit that mark. believe it.) doesnt mean I suck. And the funny thing is, I get that revelation every other week. "OH WAIT, I CAN DRAW!" ....yeaaaaah. You can. Fancy that.


Heh, I just find it funny. Anyway, Back to this post. This is 'Anonymous'. His backstory is interesting. I'll tell it to you the next time I post this guy, which will be when I color him. He's sort of my own tribute to that dude from "Akira" (Tetsuo, was it?). Simple color scheme, with the crimson scarf, white tee with the tattered edges (that I didn't draw this time) and wild-ish hair.....Only, Tetsuo didn't have a set of hyper-jumpin' boots now, did he? Hah, didn't think so. Anyway. Enjoy. I've talked too much.


-GK

1 comment:

Amber said...

You are such a DORK, but a talented dork who can draw...lol...to "drop-kicking your clone." I'm so in, I can't stand that guy!