
Hey there everyone.
Hope everything's well with you all. Things are cool on my end. Getting back into a flow and ramping up to finish a short comic project. In preparation for that, I watched a helpful video on some digital inking techniques by Scott Kurtz from PVP (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2024758) and made this image to test some stuff out.
Drawing purely digital takes a lot of getting used to. I usually do stuff on paper and then scan it in, clean it up, and then work with it. After watching the video, I was able to think of strategies that would work for me to get a digital workflow going. Scott's tip about roughing on one layer and then inking on a second, in addition to rough color choice and working at a high DPI were all common sense things that completely slipped my awareness. Seeing it in action gave me practical ways to make work work.
So anyway, a SKB pic. Skellobuster, and his mighty hand of might, as he leaps forward annihilatingly to devastate his foes. Annihilatingly is a cool word. Anyway, more art throughout the week.
Enjoy,
-GK
No comments:
Post a Comment