
So still practicing with what I learned about the digital workflow from that video I watched. This was drawn, inked and colored in Photoshop 6.0, the dinosaur that it is. I used my Graphire 4 tablet and a hard-round brush with the paintbrush tool to rough it out and ink it. Then I used channels to make a clean line layer (thanks to Snakebite's tips and oldschool Polykarbon), selected off of that and paintbucket filled/brush for shadows and hi-lights.
This took around 4 hours. I was doing a bunch of sketches on paper and not really happy with what was coming out. So, I decided to just do something finished in photoshop.
This is the main character from an upcoming project. I kind-of made him a bit too old in this picture, but I'm still working out getting him on model perfectly and whatnot. This image was a nice bit of practice. I'm starting to get more comfortable with working all digitally, though pencil and paper is never going to go away. This was a nice exercise. Still have more to go, but this'll do for now.
So, dance with me?
Enjoy,
-GK
1 comment:
Awesome man, looking good! looking forward to seeing more!
Post a Comment