Aug 30, 2008

The Girl from ThreeGroup


I was chilling with my friends:


and


at this restuarant-y place called Jack's Deli. Naw, Jack doesn't own the place, but if he did, perhaps he'd be able to give us discounts.... Anyway, we went there with the intent of drawing, and so we piled our table up with art gear and pens and copics and more pens and paper, and all sorts of good arty stuff. I pulled out that prismacolor and my zebra and threw down as we proceeded to crack eachother up with our own brand of hilarity.


So for the last 4 days, i've been doing smaller sketches gearing up for an illustration I wanna do, and so to break that, I decided i was gonna go bigger, and draw a female. I flipped through my sketches to see if there was anything i wanted to work on that was in line with that, and I stopped on 'ThreeGroup' (my loose way of referring to that pic I did of the ninjas). I figured I'd work her out some more.

I'm still debating the name. A friend of mine's name came to mind, but I didnt wanna just use her name. And then, looking at the image, I was reminded of this beautiful girl I know, and so wanted to use her name, and then was thinking of maybe combining the two... I dunno. More on "ThreeGroup" later.

Yeah, my naming scheme is wierd...I come up with these wierd little nicknames for my various pieces/projects/stories that are catchy in my own world, but end up sticking because they work for whatever reason. Heh, some of you are probably hoping I think of something else before this becomes it.

But yeah, I totally had a blast. Its great to shake up your norm and draw in different environments, and with other artists. It can be a great just chill-and-unwind thing to do.

Enjoy,
-GK


"....where are the bears?"

No comments: