Jun 12, 2008

Armored Girl... Female Gear?



I've been working on this one on-and-off the last few days. So I had 2 main goals with this one. One, I wanted to do some costuming a bit more complicated. I tend to do really really simple outfits for my characters, and I wanted to start pushing it a bit. So, I bandage-wrapped the girl and gave her some armor. Second goal, I really wanted to understand and know what was beneath all that. To have a solid form under it all. I didnt have too much reference, though way later in the process I found an image that was extremely similar to the pose she's doing. Thus, I drew her twice: once without any gear, then i put another sheet of paper on top and started making sure things worked as I clothed her.


Thus, the birth of armor-wearing-girl. And now to play some metal gear....





...It's so wierd playing something you looked at like, half a decade ago and wondered "wow, when will the day come...?" Like, when they first showed off their crazy final fantasy 13 stuff, it was like "wow.........what's it gonna be like?", and then if youre like me, your imagination runs crazy rampant and wild and whatnot. But in the case of MGS4, its just as awesome as I'd imagined it'd be.




Shootin' Time
-GK

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

By far one of my favorite pics on ur blog very nice! Girl power!.... J/k, but yeah...good stuff =D

Trevor Smith said...

Looking good Dude.